Monday, March 24, 2008

The Odd Couple- Gnarls makes a new one

Let me preface this review by saying that I think Danger Mouse can do no wrong. The man has been a genius on everything from Demon Days to the Grey Album. There is not much in the main stream industry that can compete with the full power and style of his beats.


That being said, this album will not be known for one song, as in St. Elsewhere. There is no overly catchy tune that dominates the album, no one song that will sore the charts. What there is instead is multi layered songs full of great beats and amazing vocalizations that take you back to a funky and fun time.


Gnarls's strength to me has always come from their great talent with the visual aspects and a solid approach to making songs. That is to say that every song on the album works and feels polished, there is little on the album that I am disappointed in and I think, that for a sophomore album, this is a tremendous work. I can not wait to see some of the videos they came up with and I hope to catch a show from them sometime soon.

Run.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home