Monday, July 16, 2007

"Shut up Denver! We tell you what to do!...You dont tell us what to play! "


So Motion City Soundtrack rolled into town on saturday with Sherwood, The Higher and The Forcast in tow. I had seen them at warped tour a while ago so I wasnt all that intrested, but my friend was desperate to head go and I had been meaing to see Sherwood so we got the tickets and waited for the 14th.

The show sold out. Packed. Full to the brim

Not supriseing in that it is one of the smaller venues in all of Colorado. But the feeling in the room was crazy.

Yes, Sherwood killed (litteraly/figurativly/and all adround brilliantly). Yes The Higher were an intresting sight to many who had no idea who they were and The Forcast were fine.

But

These kids had gotten their tickets in may, had waited outside for hours and knew everyword of MCS's pattented rappid fire delivery. It was them they were there to see and there wasnt one person standing still when MCS hit that stage.

It all started with "Capital H" and wound through a few new songs and the better part of Commit this to Memmory. The crowed was begging for "Red Dress" after every single song, prompting Justin to tell the crowd "...shut up! Seriously Denver! its on the list" which is a funny comment since I saw the set list and it deffinitly was not on there. Anyways, they did it for the encore which was fine.

All in all it was a fantastic show, my only down side was the short Sherwood set but I have a feeling they are almost at the level where they can tour on their own and still bring some large crowds.



If there are tickets left I highly recomend this tour, because this is probably the last time MCS plays something this small. Ill hit you guys with some tracks later tonight if i think of it.


"And I’m off to save the world


silly me I left a message with no return number


for my boys in blue in case of an emergencyin case the shit goes down yea"

-Motion City Soundtrack

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home