Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thursdays are for finding old friends: Jarvis Cocker


Jarvis Cocker has always seemed to me to be one of the most uncaring and free spirited musicians in the world, which is odd when you consider how emotional his lyrics really are. On the one hand you want to help him, but on the other he is really not looking for help, just sort of singing to him self.

And while the rest of Brittans music scene was moving onward he was still back there channeling John Lennon and the long tradition of creating tunes to go with the poor rainy weather in those parts.

I recently saw this video and it instantly reminded me why I was attracted to him in the past. Take a listen if you like lo-fi brits singing about their lives.

I Will Kill Again.mp3
Heavy Weather.mp3

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home