Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dane Cook- Rough Around the Edges


Dane Cook's new one isn't great.

Hell i didn't think Vicious Circle was that amazing. But for some reason people love him, like....really love this guy; so i keep coming back hoping for more.

Let me start this review by stating my philosophy on Mr. Cook:

"Dane Cook is good for quoting, and not much else."

That said, Rough Around the Edges was recorded in Madison Square Garden in front of what sounds like a billion 14 year old girls and guys who still hi-five. Dane does all new material as far as i can tell, but if you have heard him once you can hear him again. His act continues to center around "you know when situations" with added sound effects and, I'm sure, facial expressions. It is great escapist material, which given the current political condition, is probably why he is thriving.

The jokes are fine, and its good for a little chuckle, but honestly there is better stand up out there today. Go buy Jim Gaffigan's new one or look into Daniel Tosh, both are smarter and have a little more re-listen value.

Come to Fruition.mp3

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, if you don't think dane cook is absolutly hilarious...you obviously don't get the concept of comedy. I LOVE DANE :]

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually just got back from seeing DC tonite in Dallas. I have to say I agree with pretty much everything you said EXCEPT R.A the E was almost Exactly, to the tee, to the word.... The same show as Vicious Circle, just jokes placed in different parts of the monolouge. The show I saw tonight was entirely new material. Funny, not originL. He even used a Tosh-ism " yes Texas I'll feed you baby birds". I felt, well, pretty much like I should be at a two drink minimum comedy club, rather than in $100 a peice seats next to girls dressed like hookers and guys dressed like a 311 video minus the tattoes. In essance, I'm pretty mad I paid to see him again. I guess the joke is on me, while he laughs at his own tired s$&t all the way to the bank. ~{Angel}~
Aadamson34@yahoo.com

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so jealous of what you don't have: A good sense of humor.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home