Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heart full of Napalm



When i read a book called"Please Kill Me, the Uncensored Oral History of Punk" no one's perspective stuck out more to me then the legendary Iggy Pop. His comments were insightful and interesting including a discussion about his song "Search and Destroy" which features the lyrics:
Im a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm Im a runaway son of the nuclear a-bomb I am a worlds forgotten boy The one who searches and destroys
While others were singing about their heart being full of love, Iggy looked at the world and said...but my heart is full of Napalm...not love...pure genius...

Iggy looks to recapture that distinct look and feel with his new album due march 2007.

what fallows are my thoughts on his new joint...

I hate to say it but i think he will be out of the mainstream once again with this new album, while the world is different and almost anything goes at live shows I'm not sure how relevant his particular brand of music is in this Fall Out Boy world of ours. How many youngsters even know who he is or want to know for that matter. Lord knows I'm excited about it, but how many 20 something does it take to have a hit? I really think he will make some money on it but its going to be a last hurrah type thing, I will say thing though...if he comes to Denver I am so there...

You Can't Have Friends.mp3 -off his new album

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Hunter James-Erickson said...

I hear iggy's new Cd is awful from some magazine Tom was reading t'other day. all I can hear in my mind when I think about this whole thing is: "billy idol .... billy idol ... billy idol..."

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home