Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bishop Allen at the High-Dive


The pictures I took last night weren't so hot so I just lifted this one from a well known blog. Shh...dont tell them.

Anyways Page France came along for this show and I have to say I was less then impressed with the performance. Maybe its just me but when your music is that simple playing longer then 30 minuets can get a bit old. After a while it was the same thing and even Luke was a little disappointed in the show. I mean, it was alright....just not something I would actively seek out again.

But that's ok, because Bishop Allen was on next and they were quite good live. I would even go so far as to say one of the most joy full shows I have ever been witness to. Each member of the band looked as if they were having a great time and the set was nicely planed including the obvious picks like "Click Click Click" and the more subtle EP-titles from their year long EP project.

For some reason their stage presence and happy banter reminded me of a young Paul and John, but that could just have been me reaching. Any how I managed to score the set list and a few signature and bought both their albums. Quite a good night on the whole. Even better news came when they mentioned they were going to be on tour with John Vanderslice in October right around my birthday.

Guess I know where ill be.

I imagine Luke will be posting about this show him self soon so keep an eye out for that.

Get some free music off their my space or buy the stuff from I-tunes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home