Saturday, August 04, 2007

Thursdays are for Finding old Friends: Built to Spill


Built to Spill is one of those bands that all your favorite bands like to site as their favorite band. The likes of Issac Brock and Ben Gibbard list the band as a major influence and in fact I would say the whole Midwest/Northwest scene looks to BTS in one way or another.

Their sound is always coherent, but often times it wanders. I know that doesn't really make sense to you, but if you can picture a man walking though the woods with no real direction but at the same time walking with purpose and meaning you begin to get the drift.

Or maybe you don't

The first album I heard from them was "Keep it Like a Secret" and it is still one of my favorite albums. It becomes jammy in some parts and there are a few songs I regularly skip, but for the most part it is still one of the most easy to listen to albums ever. The guitars are fun but i really think you can see the influence in the vox and it's delivery. If you like Phish, Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New or mostly anything on Sub Pop I would take a listen.

More songs from newer records

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home