Thursday, August 09, 2007

Captain Ahab


So I saw the weirdest show ever yesterday.

Scratch that.

I witnessed one of the most danceable, confusing, homoerotic, misogynistic, enjoyable shows of the last few months.

Going in, I had no idea what Captain Ahab would sound like. It was just a name on the bill to yet another show me and Luke were headed to.
Going out, I was thrilled and puzzled.


For those not in the know, Captain Ahab is a two piece band from L.A. Basically one guy dose the singing and the other member's only job is to dance around the stage and get really really sweaty. I learned more from their web site.

Los Angeles-based electronic dance group Captain Ahab mans the harpoon in a
mutiny against the harsh tyranny of electronic genres and traditional dance
music. With Jonathan Snipes on computer and vocals aided by the
take-off-your-pants dance action of the ever-virile Jim Merson, the Captain
realizes the climax of high-energy punk with their live shows stirring the
most obstinate sperm (whale) from the depths below.

The live show consisted of some highly danceable beats and some of the funniest lyrics I have heard in a very long time. Then again it also displayed some very sweaty shirtless men. Quite the show.

Check them out if you are down for something you litteraly have never heard or seen before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home