Sunday, September 09, 2007

VMAs suck so hard

Tell me


Whats the point of an over hyped award show that has no real way of delineating when a video or artist can qualify? I watched some of this thing tonight and it was complete horse shit.


How the hell does Gym Class Heroes qualify for best new artist? They have had two albums and their first single was a re-do of a song on their first album (P.S I love them to death, just makin a point). And Since when did "Hey their Delila" become the hot hit of the summer? Correct me if I'm wrong but that shit is a re-release from about a year ago.

Also why the hell does Hip-hop win everything? WTF? As i watch the nominees roll by I mentally tag anything that has Jay-Z or Beyonce in it because I know that's who is going to win. I don't even really watch the other names. Bands like Justice that made really cool videos get jacked while that "umbrella" song gets way over hyped.

At least Kanye looked good, and Sara Silverman was pretty great. I just wish it was a better indicator of our scene. But really what it is, is a chance for all the 13 year old suburban girls to watch 50 cent and Justin dance around and collect statues.

Ah well...

William Elliott Whitmore's When Push Comes To Love.mp3 the anti VMA track of the night.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Hunter James-Erickson said...

you have to admit, that chris brown fella sure could dance.

"at 25, she has accomplished everything that she is going to accomplish"

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home