Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursdays are for Finding old Friends


If you read this blog a lot you may know I have a bit of an obsession problem with Green Day. And by a bit I mean, I actively seek out tracks that are hard to find in a very complusive manner. Today I open the vault and pull out "1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours" which I consider their first release ever, but Wiki tells me is really just a compilation of their first EPs (nit picky but ill go with it).

This is a treasure of an album, each track features that old school Lookout! records feel and it really takes me back to my summers in California.

Billy Joe's voice is still young and it is quite interesting to compare it to some of his more recent works. You still have that snarl these days but back then I feel like he really ment it. In fact i think the same can be said for the entire band. But i guess its hard to snarl when you are middle aged and selling out the Pepsi Center.

This is a classic, but its rarity has diminished since a few copys got out on the Internet. Don't worry though, my stuff is from the real deal. One of the perks of living in Northern California in the 90's.

Going To Pasalacqua.mp3
The Judge's Daughter.mp3
I Was There.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home